Tuesday 19 April 2011

fleeting romances

Today's clothes craving:


darling little coat from Victorian Maiden (I think 2010 collection?).  Most of the stuff I own are straight up and down 'cause I find that more comfortable, but I love things with a waist these days!

While I was waiting for the bus, I thought about the impermanence of material things.
Even though I find almost everything pretty and want too many things, I rarely experience times when I could not stop thinking about something that I couldn't have. There are always other different pretty things to distract me, although I love clothes, I not a faithful lover. A typical fixation oftentimes don't even last more than a week. I have a closet full of stuff, but  realistically, if my house got burnt down, my life would go on just the same.
Maybe when you want clothes, it's not actually the clothes that you want, but that feeling of instant gratification. Could such feeling be achieved in other non-financially-disastrous ways? Probably. And it if you tried hard enough, you could probably even nip it in the bud. But, giving into those desires is so much easier than resisting them. Often times, people would just rather not do it, and in the end they're the ones to carry the debt. There's a Chinese saying, which literally translates as "Carrying it on your back or your arms, it's still the same weight", I think it describes that very well.

On a different note, today I got mad at boyfriend for a stupid selfish reason. Sometimes I just can't help but be selfish, being selfish requires sooo little effort. But in the end, it's still me who has to bear the consequences. It's just like giving in to buy clothes. Chunchun if you read this, Moomoo is sorry :. <, I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment