Sunday 9 December 2012

a post from the long forgotten

Hello dears!
Welcome back after about one and a half years. Wow, it's been a long time since I've been not posting hasn't it?
I'm glad you're still here paying a visit! That means a lot to me.

Some may have wondered where I had disappeared to. I mean, writing a blog is pretty easy. It's actually one of the easiest things in the world. You're using very minimal amounts of muscles. You can do it even lying on your bed, like I'm doing now. You can break your leg or have an episode of stomach flu, or both at the same time, and still be able to update a blog. Not updating for 1 month, 2 months, even 3 months can be deemed as reasonable, maybe you cracked your hand while playing baseball, but a whole year? Some may think you've either died, or had lost your arm altogether.

Please let me explain. The reasons for my lack of updates were not medical. It was that I've been working for a job that was a lot more busy than the pace I was used to or anticipated, and that I've been an absolute bum on my time off and had gotten into a rather lazy pattern after that.

On the financial side of things, I've been having the good and bads. Last year, it was bad, real bad. Part of the reason to why I never made a post, may be due to that my spending was so bad, I was too ashamed to even talk about it! Since my job pays me well, I was spending close to $200 dollars on a weekly basis. In a short time of staying in Japan, I've accumulated so much clothes, you'd think I've lived here for at least 5 years.

Something inside me lit a light bulb after August, I think I was either too sick of shopping or really realized the value of money. But anyways, I can proudly say now, that I'm on a good wagon (do people say this?), and since September 1st, 2012 to now, I've not spent a single penny on anything unnecessary.

Tomorrow will be the last day of the 100 days! How great is this? By tomorrow morning, I can proudly say, I've completed the 100 day no-buy challenge. But strangely, I don't feel all that different, I should be jumping up and down and throwing confetti, but I'm just thinking about what to eat for dinner. Not-buying is not so hard after-all, as long as you're busy being occupied doing other things. I'm a little wary of what comes next, since I've already browsed shop sites many times and added items to my imaginary shopping cart. Okay God of Money please help me out a bit! Let's see how it goes this time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment